Airs Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 7PM EST
This week on LTC Live, Todd Wharton sits down with R&B Legendary Bassist Tinkr Barfield, CEO of DBBA Entertainment David Bolds and Comedian/Actor Guy Betancourt.
Full bios available below
Next Taping Date: Monday, April 30, 2018 at 4PM EST
Air Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 7PM EST on FB, Vimeo, YouTube and here on LTC. MNN,org - Date TBA
Each and every Monday from Raise New York in NYC (Venue subject to change), host Todd Wharton will break down all the up and coming events, latest news and happenings with LTC, along with celebrity guests and much more.
LTC Live is taped in front of a live studio audience & is part of the LTC Corporation
Join us and be part of the Live Studio audience. All audience guests are required to arrive at 4PM (EST) Sharp! Full food and drink menu is available for purchase. **FREE ADMISSION**
Guy Betancourt - Aspiring Comic recently seen on LTC Stand Up Comedy in April, Class of 2016 Alumni of the American Comedy Institute & protégé of Darcel "The Fat Doctor" Blagmon (Other protégé s include Dave Chappelle, Martin Lawrence, Tommy Davidson & he is also know as the Head writer of the Martin Lawrence Show)
David Bolds - Founder of DBBA Entertainment, Music Industry booking agent for Mickey Benson (to whom reps artists such as Ice-T & is The Creator of the Art of Rap Tour)
Eluriel “Tinkr” Barfield - Joining forces with Ashford and Simpson was only the beginning. Tinkr has played bass in live performances and on studio productions with many world-renowned artists including Grammy Award winners Luther Vandross and Lou Rawls; Tony Award winners Lillias White and Phylicia Rashad and with internationally recognized musicians like Robbie Roberson, Carlos Alomar (musical director for the late David Bowie) and Ray Chew, (Dancing With The Stars, Showtime at the Apollo). But it doesn’t end there. Tinkr has recorded with a number of other artists representing a range of music genres, including Jerry Harrison (Talking Heads), David Frank & Mic Murphy (The System), James “D Train” Williams, Keith Washington, Will Downing, Fonzi Thornton, Danny Gatton, Fred Schneider, Jeff Lorber, Walter Williams (The O’Jays), Sylvester, Martha and the Muffins, The B-52’s, Jaheim, Roberta Flack, The Roches, Marvin Sease, Steve Kroon, Doc Powell, Dunn Pearson, Martha Wash, Angie Bofill, Debbie Gibson, Jennifer Holliday, Ebony Jo-Ann, Val Ghent, Kevin Owens (Ray, Goodman and Brown) and Alfa Anderson (Music From my Heart). In cabaret, he has worked with Bill Cosby and Sheryl Lee Ralph. His theater work includes holding the bass chair for the original production of Dream Girls and Truly Blessed.
- Zawadi Hunter - Raised in Yonkers, New York and currently resides in the Bronx with his brother.He didn't always have a strong passion for music, but growing up listening to Earth, Wind, and Fire, The Isley Brothers, The Temptations, The Delphonics, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye (the list goes on) and playing the game, Guitar Hero, it really made him fall in love with music and that's where his inspiration came from.
He begged his mother for a guitar for the longest because he could see himself on stage rockin' out in front of thousands of people with all the lights, smoke, excitement, and energy coming from the audience because He'd be inspiring them the same way he got inspired when he saw his favorite bands perform.
He started playing when he was about 12 or 13 years old and started to develop a voice when he was about 15 or 16. In high school his friends and him had a band and played at their school talent shows and local talent shows around Yonkers. After graduating, everyone went to college except for him. He needed to make money so he had to work and eventually joined another spoken word group called "Speakers of The House and the family". Those are his people but he decided to take a different path after a while due to creative differences.
To sum it up, as time went on he wrote more, worked more, endured heart break and, eventually started playing music in the subway platforms and started to network with people and continue to grow as an artist and just do what he loves.
- Chef John Delucie - Owner of Bedford & Co NYC, seen on the Martha Stewart Show, CBS "The Dish" & The Today Show. For complete Bio, please go to http://www.johndelucie.com/bio/
- Pow Wow (Member of The Legendary Hip-Hop Group "Soul Sonic Force) Hip Hop Legend and Pioneer, Pow Wow, began his career as a “boi-oing kid” currently known as a b-boy or break-dancer. When the Zulu Kings was established Pow Wow was one of 7 Kings along with Marcus Rockwell Eddy. The Zulu Kings was the official bboy crew for the Zulu Nation. Pow Wow is highly respected for his B-Boy talents and known for a style called “the double leg sweep” and “the bouncy top-rock style”, a technique done as an opening display of style before transitioning into other moves, in which became a major element of b-boying. Transitioning to MCing, Pow Wow, G.L.O.B.E., and Biggs remained together calling themselves The Soul Sonic Force MC’s.
Pow Wow soon became a major figure of Hip Hop Culture making a distinctive and lasting impression of the minds of many people worldwide through his contribution to the creation of electro-funk. In 1982, Soulsonic Force and Afrika Bambaataa released a single called "Planet Rock". The song went gold storming the music charts worldwide and spawned an entire school of "electro-boogie" rap and dance music. “Planet Rock” is top of the list as one of the greatest songs of all time. Other songs such as "Renegades of Funk", "Celebrate", "They Made A Mistake", "Looking for the Perfect Beat", and "Frantic Situation" off the Beat Street soundtrack are also branded as some of the group's greatest songs.
Making his mark as a performer, songwriter, music producer, and Humanitarian, Pow Wow has paved the way for many. He has worked with many Legendary MC’s and Artist such as Grandmaster Melle Mel, Cheryl The Pearl, Prince Ikey Cee (of The Legendary Cosmic Force), and Trouble Funk from Washington, DC. Just to name a few. Throughout his career Pow Wow became an Inductee into The Hip Hop Hall of Fame, received a Hip Hop Humanitarian Award, a BET Honorees Award, a Hip Hop “B” Boy Award, and honored by City of New York with a Proclamation.
Pow Wow is currently working with Artists, Groups and DJs from Hip Hop, R&B, Pop, Contemporary Jazz and Contemporary Gospel. Although he spends most of his time in conferences, making appearances and networking, he can still be seen performing with The Soulsonic Force MC's rocking the crowd!
- Ashley North - Actress from Orange is The New Black
- Victor Colicchio - Writer of Summer of Sam and Actor. As an actor some of his notable works can be seen in Goodfellas, Inside Man, For The Love of The Game, The Sopranos and much more...
- Rema Webb - Actress & Broadway Star, recently seen in The Color Purple
- GrandMixer DXT - 3 Time Grammy Award Winning Musician, Producer, Songwriter & DJ
- Lou Plaia - Co-Founder/EVP Music Industry & Artist Relations of ReverbNation
Jade Marlin - Fashion Designer & Author. Jade Marlin designs men's clothing with vision and style. An authentic menswear collection that is heavily influenced by the brand's historical roots in sport and classic, urban menswear, the clothing range, including the iconic slim fit polo shirt, blends British style with the edge and attitude garnered from the brands unique streetwear credentials. Jade's shows has been sponsored by Mercedes Benz, Cadillac, Jamba Juice, Farmers Insurance and much more...,
Future Guests-Dates TBA
- Bruck Up (Reggae Recording Artist)
- Buddy Wike (Member of the R&B Group "Intro")
- Chrissy Monroe (Love & Hip-Hop NY & Founder of Survive to Thrive Global)
- Dan Nelson (Formerly of Anthrax) now Wolfpack Black
Eddie Levert Jr. (Owner of Levert Entertainment)
- Kid Capri (Legendary DJ & Rapper)
- DoItAll (Member of the Hip-Hop Group Lordz of the Underground & Councilman Candidate for Newark, NJ)
- Felipe Rose (Co-Founder of The Village People/The Indian)
- Hector Camacho Jr. (Welterweight Boxing Contender)
- Jackie Love Calloway "J Love" - Founder of The Fashion School of Etiquette
- Kimberly Locke (American Idol Finalist)
- Mahogany Beatz (2X Grammy Award Winning Producer to whom has produced singles for Jay-Z, Mariah Carey & Dr. Dre)
- Matt Serra (Former UFC Champ & Owner of Serra Jiu Jitsu)
- Nino Fiore (Executive Producer of the Gotti Movie starring John Travolta)
- Uncle Nino (MTV's Jersey Shore)
and much more.....
For Booking Info, please email LTC Live to Info@LocalTalentConnect.com
For Rates for Commercials spots, please send your inquiry to Info@LocalTalentConnect.com
If you would like info on how to get your event mentioned in the LTC Weekly Update, please send your inquiry to Info@LocalTalentConnect.com
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY NEED APPLY